Careers / Kitchen & Café Assistant (Saint John, NB)
Are you passionate about food.. clean, healthy food at that? Then this role may be a great fit for you. In this position you will work closely with other members of the kitchen and our Culinary Director to create unique and delicious dishes for our Simply For Life natural market and C’est Si Bon café.
- Cook and prepare food according to daily production guidelines
- Set up workstations for service with ingredients and equipment
- Weigh, measure, mix, chop, trim and peel food
- Safely operate kitchen equipment; ovens, steamers, slicers and mixers
- Utilize an array of cooking techniques ; roasting, baking, steaming, sauté, searing on a variety of food.
- Arrange and garnish food according to guidelines set by the Culinary Director.
- Properly store while adhering to food safety guidelines.
- Clean and sanitize work areas, equipment and utensils
- Maintains excellent customer service and positive attitude towards co-workers and clients.
- Ensure security of company asset
- Other tasks assigned by supervisors.
- Basic Knife
- Communication (fluency in English written and spoken )
- Adherence to recipes
- Knowledgeable about FIFO food rotation
- Proper food labeling
- Correct food portioning
- Safe work practice/safe food handling
- Maintain clean work spaces and upkeep of equipment
- Carry and Lift 40 lbs
- Good safe certificate
- Maintained personal hygiene and dress
Top Skills & Must Haves:
- Time management
- Sense of urgency
- Problem solving
- Flexibility in days off
- Ability to stand for 8 hours