This is a very simple yet delicious Mediterranean dish that is well known on the Island of Crete.
Serves 2-3 Hungry people as an appetizer with bread.
- 200g (1 cup – 1 1/2 cup) Feta Cheese
- 1 tsp Chili powder (more if you enjoy spice)
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 bunch of Fresh Oregano
- 1 Lemon
- 3 – 6 tbsp Olive Oil (or more depending on preference)
- 5 – 6 Sun-Dried Tomatoes, whole
- Optional: Mint or other favorite herbs, green peppers
Preheat oven to 475F or cook over a wood fire
In a ceramic bowl or oven-safe bowl, crumble or lightly chop feta cheese. Finely chop your fresh herbs and add them to the bowl. Add dried oregano, sea salt, chili powder, and juice from half the lemon. Depending on your preference add 2-3 tbsp of Olive Oil (or more).
Cover and place into the oven for 20 minutes or 10 minutes if using a wood fire.
Once out of the oven, add the rest of the lemon and more olive oil depending on your preference.
Serve with bread.