Politique de confidentialité
Simply For Life™ – Policy Respecting Your Privacy and the Protection of Personal Information
Simply For Life™ Health & Nutrition Clinics (“Simply For Life™”, “we”, “us” or “our”) takes steps to ensure it meets privacy principles and requirements with respect to personal information under applicable Canadian privacy legislation. The purpose of this policy is to inform our customers and other individuals we deal with (“you” and “your”) how we collect, use, disclose, and protect your personal information. Personal information is information that is identifiable as pertaining to an individual, as more particularly described under applicable privacy legislation. This policy applies to our collection, use, and disclosure of personal information in Canada.
Personal Information We Collect
We, and our agents and representatives, collect certain types of personal information and do so in a number of methods, such as:
- Contact information, such as name, title, address, telephone number, facsimile, or e-mail address, which may be collected through our nutrition consulting program (Client profile questionnaire)
- Health history information , such as information you may provide on your application form or client contract, including your contact information, age, gender, occupation, medications and supplements routinely used, health symptoms you are experiencing, treatments or surgical procedures you have received or undergone, and information relating to your height, weight & current health goals.
- Program and service information in which you have enrolled or participated, other related information regarding your use of our programs and services, and your customer service history, including inquiries, complaints, or records of other customer service we may provide.
- Billing information, including banking information collected through cheque payment or for preauthorized payment purposes, credit card number(s) or other payment-method details, and your billing and payment status and history.
- We may be required or permitted under statute or regulation to collect, use, or disclose personal information without your consent, for example, to comply with a court order, to comply with local, provincial, or federal regulations or a legally permitted inquiry by a government agency, or to collect a debt owed to us.
Use of Your Personal Information
We generally use your personal information to:
- evaluate your application and determine your initial and ongoing eligibility for our programs and services;
- provide and administer the services you request, respond to your inquiries about our products and services, and contact you regarding the requested services;
- process billing and invoices, and manage, administer, and collect your payments for products or services;
- maintain business records for reasonable periods and generally manage and administer our business; and
- meet legal, regulatory, security, and processing requirements, or otherwise as permitted or required by law.
On occasion, we may use your personal information to provide you with information about other related Simply For Life™ products, services & events that we believe will be of interest to you. We make reasonable efforts to ensure that we use your personal information with your knowledge and consent. You may refuse consent to such use (where such options are offered), or you may withdraw your consent by contacting us at 1.866.414-8446.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
Your personal information may be used by us and disclosed to parties connected with the contemplated or actual financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment, or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets, including for the purpose of permitting such parties to determine whether to proceed or continue with such transaction, to fulfill reporting, inspection, or audit requirements or obligations to such parties. In the event that all or part of our business or assets to which your personal information relates is sold, assigned, or otherwise disposed of, your personal information will be used and disclosed by such parties for substantially the same purposes as described in this policy.
We may otherwise disclose personal information as necessary to meet legal, regulatory, insurance, audit, and security requirements, or as permitted or required by law.
Simply For Life™ will NEVER sell your personal information to a third party.
We may transfer personal information to outside agents or service providers that perform services on our behalf (for example, billing service providers, mailing houses, or collection agents), in which case we will use contractual or other reasonable means to ensure that your personal information is protected and not used or disclosed for any purposes other than as directed by us.
Please note that our franchisees are independent businesses and we do not control the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information you may provide to our franchisees. Please contact the franchisee with whom you have a relationship if you are concerned about how your personal information is collected, used, or disclosed by these independent franchisees.
If you request that we disclose your personal information to one of our franchisees (for example, if you are participating in a nutrition program operated by us and wish to change locations to a program operated by one of our franchisees), your personal information will be disclosed to the applicable franchisee so that they may provide the products and services you have requested.
Should we assume the operation of one of our franchisees, the personal information in the possession of the franchisee will be:
- collected and used by us so that we may carry on business of the former franchisee and provide you with the products or services that you have requested; and/or
- collected, used, and disclosed by us to a new franchisee so that the new franchisee may carry on business of the former franchisee and provide you with the products or services that you have requested.
Our Website and the Internet
We operate the website www.simplyforlife.com
, which provides information about our products, services and events, request further information, request customer support, or make other inquiries. Personal information provided by you online is used to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests. Personal information that you voluntarily provide in response to our online questionnaires and surveys is used to help us learn more about our customers’ interests and preferences, and to send you periodic information about our products and services (if you have chosen that option).
Our internet servers may passively and automatically collect certain information about Web site visitors’ traffic patterns, which may be linked to their Internet Protocol (IP) addresses (which are unique Internet “addresses” assigned to all Internet users by their Internet Service Providers). Server logs may record statistical information, such as visitors’ IP addresses, type of operating systems, time and duration of visit, and pages requested, and identify categories of visitors by items such as domains and browser types. These statistics are only collected and used on an aggregate basis.
Our Web site may contain links to other Web sites that are provided as a convenience only, and which may have different privacy policies and practices than Simply For Life™ and, accordingly, we have no responsibility for such third-party Web sites, and individuals are advised to review the privacy policies of any third-party Web sites they visit.
We protect your personal information using physical, electronic, or procedural security measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information in our custody or control, which may include safeguards to protect against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. Authorized employees, agents, and mandatories of Simply For Life™ who require access to your personal information in order to fulfill their job requirements will have access to your personal information.
Access, Correction, and Contacting Us
We may establish and maintain a file of your personal information for the purposes described above, which will be accessible at Simply For Life™ Head Office, 358 Rothesay Avenue, Saint John, NB, E2J 2C4. If you wish to request access or correction of your personal information in our custody or control, you may write to the above address, attention Director of Operations. Your right to access or correct your personal information is subject to applicable legal restrictions. If you wish to make inquiries or complaints or have other concerns about our personal information practices, you may write to the above address or telephone us at 1.866.414-8446.